Download Course Information
What is a Counterbalance Lift Truck?
Answer: Basically it's a normal forklift truck, the lift truck operator faces forwards in the operating position and it steers with the rear wheels.
- Counterbalance Lift Truck Novice - 5 days
- Counterbalance Lift Truck Existing - 3 days
- Counterbalance Lift Truck Conversion - 1 day
- Counterbalance Lift Truck Refresher - 1 day
Which Course is right for you, view Which Skill Level Are You?
How to book
To book training at our centre or on your site contact us by email or phone on 01904 737049
We can offer this training course at our centre in York or on your premises subject to suitable facilities for training purposes.
This course is RTITB approved for your peace of mind that you are covered under the HSE regulations HSG6 and Approved Code of Practice L117. Records are kept by ourselves for 10 years and the National Operator Registration Scheme will keep your data safely 'online'.
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Re-fuelling and Re-charging of Gas, Electric or Diesel Counterbalance Forklift truck
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive and hydraulic controls of the Counterbalance
- Manoeuvring the Forklift Truck in open and confined areas
- Stacking at different levels
- De-stacking with laden and un-laden pallets
- Loading and unloading lorries with the Counterbalance
- Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
- Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Access Platform training course
Letters of Thanks from customers.
WOW! Greatly impressed with the friendly and competent approach from Tockwith Training. I gained my RTITB Counterbalance refresher course in less than 5 hours. Steve Telford was very professional and made me feel at ease within minutes of starting the course. I will be back to get my Reach Conversion very soon.
Thanks again. Dave D Slee
Dave D Slee, 27th March 2015.
More Letters, from the past 40+years
Passed with Tockwith Training?
Tell us your experience and we will add to our Letters Page
Lifting Machine Types
that we can train
YOU to operate.
Click the symbols below for
more detailed information.
The counterbalance lift truck is the most 'normal' lift truck to operate, the most widely used across all warehousing industries and small businesses..
Reach trucks are operated in warehouses with very smooth floors and unlike counterbalance trucks they are only operated inside. They can also operate in small spaces and lift loads higher, so they are more efficient in a warehouse environment.
Pedestrian Stacker trucks are less common than reach trucks but they are extremely manouvreable, so popular in places that any other lift truck are too big to operate within.
The electric- or gas-powered platform that is mounted on folding arms is used to provide elevated work areas or to help raise or lower unit loads. The objective is to access difficult-to-reach areas in order to perform whatever work is required. Scissor lifts provide a mobile means of reaching areas that are very high.
|Rough Terrain Telehandler
Purhaps the biggest and most spectacular of all lift truck, this machine can travel through wet, muddy, rough terrain and lift up to 5-6 tons, extending the boom arm to position the load up to 15 metres away. Used mainly by farmers and in construction, however they are extremely capable in any industry.
Moffett Mounty forklifts as they are often known due to the company that invented them are also known as Lorry Mounted Forklifts. They mount to the rear of a truck or trailer and are used by the driver for self loading or unloading of their vehicle.
The different lift truck types are very complicated, we are always happy to help and explain the regulations.
Give us a call today 01904 737049
or email firstname.lastname@example.org